Time to act on the 2016 Tax Return

If you know that you need to submit a tax return for the year ended 5 April 2016, then you should have taken some action by the end of October. This might be to file a paper tax return yourself, or to contact an accountant such as us.

You need to file a tax return if you were sent one by the Revenue (even if it is a NIL return), or if you were self-employed, or if you had any other income the Revenue don’t know about, or if you had any capital gains.

Carlisle accountants David Porthouse and Co can deal with your tax return, and we have all the latest technology to do it quickly, but even we may not be able to guarantee anything if you leave things to the last minute.